We call our church "New Life" because we realise that we needed a new life... the old one wasn't working too well... until Jesus came in. If you have problems with guilt, or making relationships work, or with the way you feel about yourself ...
YOU CAN GET A NEW LIFE TOO!
It's got nothing to do with proving you're O.K. or better than anyone else... it just means putting your trust in the only person that can be trusted.
To get a new life all you need to do is....
1. Recognise that God loves you and has a plan for your life.
The Bible says: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11
2. Admit that you have done things that are wrong and offensive to God.
The Bible says: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23
3. Ask God to forgive you because of Jesus.
The Bible says: God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. 2 Cor 5:19
4. Accept the gift of new life that comes through Jesus.
The Bible says: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Cor 5:17
If you are serious about this, why not pray something like this to God, right now?
Thankyou for loving me, even though I don't deserve it. I recognise that I am a sinner and I have done many things to distress you (Name some of them out loud). Now I ask you to forgive me. Thankyou for sending Jesus to die in my place. Help me now to live as a new creation, and to be a true follower of Jesus. Amen.
We recommend that you:
1. Find a church and Cell group to be a part of... other people will help you to grow in your relationship with Jesus.
2. Read the Bible (in a modern translation), asking God to help you apply it.
3.Tell your friends about Jesus.
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.